Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Reading

So, I finally finished my last book, "Song of Erin". It took too long, not enough baths lately.

Some of you may not know that I love bubble baths and always have a bathtub book. Although the day that Real Simple comes in the mail I disappear for a bath. I have a great husband who is all for me disappearing for a long bath, aren't I blessed. There are times he comes looking for me, but usually only when it is nearly an hour or more. My sweet Curty, he is the best.

Back to the book, it is good, especially if you like historical fiction. Thanks Tim and Megan for getting me back into the escape of fiction, I needed it.

I am ready to start digging into those new books that have been patiently waiting for me. Here is the list:
  • "The Complete Guide to Getting and Staying Organized" Karen Ehman - currently at the bottom of a stack of things I will get to soon (unless I hide them to pretend I am organized and together). I should start with this one. :)
  • "Chief Home Officer" can't find it, Michael hid it, but think it is under the couch or in the toy room.
  • "Real Mom's . . . Real Jesus" Jill Savage. Can't wait to get into this - the back cover says "examine key behaviors and decisions Jesus made . . . Jill brings those lessons right down to the tiring, laundry filled, sticky fingered days every mom knows"
  • "Red Hot Monogamy" Bill and Pam Farrel - currently at the post office, waiting for me to pick it up. I am a little embarrassed, hope it is in a unmarked, plain envelope. The prude in me is screaming no, but my sweet Curty said, if you are going to this conference this is the workshop to attend. He said he was joking, but we all know that most of the things we joke about are based in reality. Is this an over share? Don't talk to me about it, I am mortified.

So this is what I am going to read. Anyone want to join in on the fun? I think I am going to start with the organizing one, it is a must. I hate that I have to fake it and can't just live it. Wow, does that statement cover a multitude of issues or what? Yikes. So I am going to work through the "step-by-step guide to creating a system. . . "(back cover) I think that I will try to start on "Real Mom's . . . Real Jesus" too, as so many things come back to the spiritual. I will probably put off that monogamy book as long as I can, just knowing myself. (I am blushing, just thinking of it - PRUDE!!)

1 comment:

shainapearce.com said...

You're hilarious - and that's not an overshare for friends. Perhaps for the whole internet, but not for most of us... :-)