Friday, January 23, 2009

So as I finished my Michael blog a song came on my itunes and I had to share it. Sorry for all the postings lately, I guess I have been in the mood. I have been loving my new Jill Phillips cd - get it, you will love it too. There are so many great songs, but I am going to share one that seems to be in line with my heart right now. It is called "Children". I am going to give you most of the lyrics and some of my comments as well.


I know you better than anyone, I know that look in your eyes, The one where they say you are just like me, And that comes as little surprise, cause you're taking in everything I do - scary but true While I second guess all I thought I knew - oh yes, that is exactly where I am and have been since having children.

Oh, I love you so much, So how great is His love, That we should be called, We should be called, We should be called His children - isn't that an awesome analogy, if I can love my children so much, how much can a God who created the idea of children and love, love me. What a gift to be a child of God.

I want to keep you from crying, I want to save you from pain, I'd lay down my life for your life to go on, But couldn't let you do the same - Another mirror of God's love for us, He died so that I could live only true, pure, complete, selfless love could do that. So what kind of love would give selflessly, And take such joy in giving you to me - God knew exactly what He was doing when He gave me Michael (and Adah, but it is Michael's birthday) and the joy that has been brought to my life through his is indescribable.

I know that I'm not enough for you, And you know this at your young age, Even though my love fill fail you - I wish not, but humans fail each other no matter how we try to prevent it. The love that He has will not change - God's love doesn't change. I guess if I could teach my children anything it would be that God's love is big enough and more than enough, you can never run out of the love of God. How do I teach that?

I am sure that there is some way to put this song on my blog so you could listen to it, maybe I will figure it out, maybe I won't. If not, check it out on her web site or buy it on itunes.

Have a great day!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh Beka... I love it!

Sarah