Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Monster Truck

As we sat watching the whole inaugural preceding events I was trying to explain everything to Michael. It was kind of fun. I actually remember watching the last inauguration 4 years ago, I was big (overdue) and pregnant with him, talking to my belly about what was happening and wondering who in fact was in my belly. Feeling a little ridiculous, but I was alone so that was okay. To sit here today watching it with the one who was in my belly is one of those mom moments.

But as we were watching the parade, he said "Where are the monster trucks?" I told him about the important cars and all those other vehicles that were there to keep our current and future president safe. And he with all the logic of a child said "But Mom, wouldn't a monster truck be helpful? Wouldn't that be good to keep The President and Barack Omama safe? It could run over the bad guys." I told him that maybe when he was president he could have monster trucks in his procession. He told me that he wasn't going to be president, he was going to be Bob the Builder.

Life according to an almost 4 year old, and I have to agree with him, the procession would have been better with a monster truck.

1 comment:

JCC said...

Glad to hear from you again through blogland! Keep it coming!