Monday, September 22, 2008

Bad Mother Moment - so this morning was not my best. Michael wouldn't get dressed, eat his breakfast, or leave his sister alone. Adah wouldn't eat so I did the dangling nipple dance, not a favorite of mine, and all she could do was smile and coo. Three sessions of discipline later, we were finally out the door to preschool - a little later than I hoped to leave but on the way none the less. Shockingly I wasn't in a horrible mood. We sang with some favorite tunes on our way to New London and talked about what we don't do at pre-school.

"Michael, you know that it isn't good to call people names, so I don't want to hear that you said 'You Idiot' as you are playing with your friends."

"Mommy are there words that you can say that I can't?"

My whole being was saying, yes in fact there are, but I smilingly said "No baby, Mommy should do better at not calling people names too."

"Even in the car Mommy?"

"Yes baby, even in the car."

Those people who believe that three year olds don't know what is going on have never been around a three year old.

I have come to the conclusion that God is using my life to show that He does, in fact, have a sense of humor.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Bek - I'm so glad you're blogging! Now I get to keep up with you just a little bit more! I linked to you on my blog, so I'll be reading! :)

Molly said...

I LOVE Michael stories! I love your new blog! Keep it up. I've made it part of my daily routine to check it! :)