Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Gideon is 3 - how can it be?

Today is my youngest child Gideon's 3rd birthday.  It's a bittersweet day, I love watching him grow and know that a growing child is a gift from God, but while looking at photographs today it's hard to believe how quickly the last 3 years have gone and part of me misses that chubbalicious baby.

Instead of focusing on what was I will just enjoy where we are today - June 10, 2014.

A side note about where we are NOW:  We are watching Planes and loving Dusty Cropphopper and the lessons of this movie.  Hard work helps us achieve our dreams, it doesn't just happen without the work.  Forgiveness is hard when others disappoint you but is worth it  in the end and will make your friendship stronger.  Approaching others without fear and confident in who you are will help you win friends, when you aren't trying to be someone else you are able to show others who you really are and they will like you more for your individuality and be able to be who they really are with you - you are a safe friend and those kind of friends are invaluable.  OK, done with my life lesson movie review :)


Since it is his THIRD birthday - 
I will list 3 of my favorite things about my Gideon.


  1. Gideon, you are full of love and joy and being around you makes others feel loved and joyful.
     
  2. Gid, you have taught me that I cannot control everything and that letting go of the little things to focus on the big things is always the best choice.  
  3. G man, you have grown in your 3 short years into an adventurous, curious, and mischievous little boy.  This is something that I adore and find annoying, often at the same time, but this is also something that will make your life interesting and rich (not in $$$ but in experiences - the best kind of way to be rich).  You are definitely not boring and encourage all of us blessed to know and love you to find and cling to that childlike delight that does our hearts good.  The laugh you posses and share with us is worth more than gold.


I cannot wait to see who you grow into and am so blessed to be your mom and part of the process.  No matter what else happens in life, I am always going to be cheering for you and praying for your safety.  Happy 3rd Birthday to my little Gidster, where would we be without you?  I pray we never find out.  We will enjoy your birthday as we celebrate together with all the fun that birthday's bring.

Happy Happy Birthday to you Gideon!!!  We love you more today than the day you were born!!


No comments: