Thursday, November 7, 2013

It's been awhile ...

I know it's been nearly two and a half years, but I'm going to try to do this blog thing again.  I have been thinking about it a lot in the last six months.  I will be doing something and think I should write about this, and then ... life happens, I put it off, and wham - forget.  So I'll try again.   I could write about my lack of follow through, but I won't go there.  I will just try again.  

I love the process of writing and how it enables me to work through my thoughts, feelings, basically my stuff, so here we go again.  I wrote a bit in the last newsletter/Table Talk for MOPS and it felt so good, I need to keep it going.  God is really at work on some stuff in my heart, and has been for a while, so I guess I'll share it here with my 7 followers :) yep not a famous blogger here, but a woman who occasionally puts her words out into the void (vague movie reference) of the internet with no expectation that anyone will read it, but rather just to help myself find my own voice again.  

Here is what I wrote for our last MOPS.  It was something God has been working on in me.  I am going to finish my thoughts on the theme verse, hopefully you'll see it on this blog :) and probably will share it in the next Table Talk (our MOPS meeting notes/newsletter).

For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2:10 (NLT) - 
This verse has been on my mind since I saw it in our MOPS theme materials last spring.  I remember thinking, I really like that, but masterpiece is that me?  I continue to think, masterpiece, ME?  I’m just a mom, surviving more than thriving the journey to adulthood that I’m now guiding, but still feel like I’m traveling.  In the last few weeks and months God has been working on the masterpiece mindset in me.  I’ve been trying to really digest this verse and what I think God is trying to tell me, although I admit, I’m stuck on the beginning.  (What’s that song, let’s start at the very beginning - a very good place to start …) I finally made it to that duh place, the Bible, isn’t it funny how sometimes you are working through a verse or something someone says and instead of going straight to the source first you try to figure it out on your own.  Rarely does this end well, start at the source. 
Ephesians 2:10 just happens to fall right after Ephesians 2:8-9, you Awana veterans you know this: “For by grace you have been saved through faith; and [h]that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.”  To hear, right after the gift of salvation, that I am God’s masterpiece clicks.  Why is it hard for me to see myself the way God sees me. This took me, somehow, to how I think about my own children, they are getting old enough that they are beginning to be critical of themselves and how they measure up to those around them.  What do I see?  A masterpiece, sure they are flawed and have failures, but I see them through my mom eyes and no matter what else, they are a beautiful masterpiece and those flaws and failures make them unique and special.  That is how God sees me, and you.  We are his children, his masterpiece.  Somewhere in my heart I heard God whisper, My grace through Jesus removed the mess, so I can see you, my masterpiece.

MomCon was an incredible time for me, some things God has been working on in me are starting to come together.  There were so many messages that I’ve been finding all over my life in the last months, I may finally be getting it.  There was a song that was repeated over and over and instead of getting sick of it, I GOT it.  “You make beautiful things,You make beautiful things out of the dust, You make beautiful things, You make beautiful things out of us, You make me new, You are making me new, You make me new, You are making me new.”  A message God has been working on in me, somewhere in that song it came singing out of my heart, “even me, You made a beautiful thing out of even me”.  In order for me to hear the other messages He had for me, I had to get to the place where I realize and embraced that I can be His Masterpiece. - Rebekah’s Rambling …

No comments: